Executive Producer, Entertainment Podcasts
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Somethin' Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin' Else is Sony's in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an Executive Producer of Entertainment podcasts to join the team and help us grow our network of shows.
What you'll do:
• Oversee and line-manage a team of senior producers, producers, and assistant producers
• Be responsible for putting together show teams to produce and show run shows
• Act as executive producer and editor across a number of shows/series, providing feedback on shows, scripts and sound
• Liaise with key talent, journalists, production partners and agents
• Identify and develop show ideas, series and creative treatments for consideration for the green light process
• Help staff to work up new show/series ideas to a status ready to take to greenlight meeting
Who you are:
• Someone with 5 years' experience producing entertainment shows. (At least some of that in audio production)
• A pop culture fanatic who is passionate about staying on top of what's happening in the entertainment, pop culture and wider world.
• A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow, develop and be their best selves
• A person who loves taking the seed of an idea, then developing and polishing it and teasing out the best bits to make it captivating.
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
• Strong ability to articulate and write for creative concepts and to autonomously own projects from start to finish.
• Ability to manage team work load.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.