Executive Producer, Content
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Producer will serve as a driving force behind our content production team helping to craft innovative and creative pieces of compelling content for Legacy Recordings.
• Bridge strategic and creative needs by developing digital social and long form content by utilizing both archival footage from Sony Music’s vault, sourced archival as well as original content.
• Lead and direct a team of full-time and occasional freelance production staff to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
• Work to help push creative boundaries.
• Ensure we are strategic in partnering with branded media studios, working on the appropriate social media platforms and that our content is living in the best place to perform and attract and target the right audience.
• Function as strategic team member to ensure that the production, post-production, creative and marketing teams work together and communicate effectively and efficiently.
• Drive, implement, and manage own projects/artists as well as help train, support and manage more junior producers.
• Oversee the production of creative/editorial concepts that are used in all communication mediums including digital marketing, video, event branding, website, social media, and public relations.
• Effectively communicate and collaborate across various internal groups (creative, A&R, Marketing, BA, digital/social, video editing, etc.) and manage third party relationships; escalating any concerns and providing solutions.
• Navigate creative approvals with senior level stakeholders, partners, and artists/management.
• Develop production timelines for content/strategy needs and track development of all creative assets.
• Manage production schedules and creative output to support launch dates of content and digital marketing materials.
• Maintain high creative and production standards.
• Track and synthesize competitive brand creative, share and utilize best practice examples.
• Enhance a strong culture based on creative excellence and achievement of strategic objectives.
• Manage live action shoots when necessary or oversee management of more junior level producers.
• Oversee cultural and asset research with the A&R and archive teams for artist projects.
• Oversee all pre-production and see through post-production with either third parties or in house alongside the senior video editor.
• Stay current with all trends in new content platforms and of new technology for content development.
• Manage and negotiate with third parties including triple bidding and ensuring “lunch and learns” are happening with junior producers to introduce them to new directors and production companies.
• Work closely with the Creative Director and VP, Head of Content to manage projects and push the creative boundaries.
• Work with the physical packaging producers/visual A&R team to source photos and videos for a thematically consistent campaign when necessary.
• Develop, manage and track content budgets.
• Research relevant materials in the photo and video archives, license 3rd party materials if necessary.
• Work with copywriters to write social copy and scripts for DSPs when needed.
• Responsible for staffing the right junior producers for new projects and maintaining even work load amongst the team.
• At least 10 years of relevant creative experience in an agency, production or media company.
• At least 3 years of management experience.
• College Degree.
• Prior experience and demonstrated ability of delivering high-quality work with a limited budget.
• Knowledge of creative suite and video production software and an in-depth understanding of the digital and editorial content production process.
• A track record of strong producer/vendor contacts and relationships.
• A creative thinker who has the ability to work with multiple personalities and partners on multiple priorities.
• Keen eye for style especially in the digital landscape.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise cross functionally with Digital team, Business and Legal Affairs, Marketing, Video Production, A&R, etc. to help drive a project home and deliver a finished product.
• The successful candidate will be a strong leader, and a creative problem solver who's organized, detail oriented, and driven to achieve the highest results possible.
• The proven ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to travel if necessary for live action shoots.
• Extremely proficient in Mac computer applications and skills.