Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
As Executive assistant to the COO, you will work in a fast-paced environment for a progressive, marketing-minded, creative executive overseeing all aspects of the day to day operations of a record company.
You need to be detail-oriented and extremely organized while interacting with all levels of employees within the organization.
You will play a vital role in ensuring our executive is always up to date and organized to provide guidance, as needed, in a timely manner to ensure projects and company issues move forward expeditiously. You will act as hub for his direct reports and team members ensuring our team communication and calendars are in sync.
A passion for music is highly encouraged. Native digital nature, strong connection to online youth culture is important. Ideally 3 years of experience in an Assistant or personal assistant capacity.
What you'll do:
• Act as an all-around gatekeeper and strategically manage Executive's time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
• Act as fast and efficient conduit between Executive team, staff, artists, and contacts.
• Schedule internal, external meetings (both in-person and Virtual); book travel and accommodations (includes domestic travel, international travel, and multi-city trips).
• Process travel and entertainment expenses.
• Manage executives schedule (sending reminders and Teams/ Zoom links, locations, and/or dial-ins for upcoming meetings, working with time zones when the executive is traveling, or meeting with others in different time zones).
• Proactively prepare the executives for meeting; And keep track of executive during day to ensure schedule is kept or adjusted in real time.
• When requested, join executive in meetings - taking notes, creating and sharing ''next steps'' documents, and following up with responsible parties to ensure tasks are completed as agreed upon.
• Maintaining Executive's call list and keeping track of various ''To-Dos''; keep executive on track with daily schedule.
• Send executive a summary at end of the day for the next day's schedule snapshot.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts.
• Partner closely with other executive assistants on organizing Executive team.
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings.
Who you are:
• 3 years of substantial assistant experience supporting either an executive, or c-suite executive.
• You have a history of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
• You possess a upbeat, ''can-do'' attitude, and have passion for the music industry.
• You are an exceptional communicator and enthusiastic collaborator (this role will act as an -intermediary between Executive and staff, artists, and other high-profile figures).
• You have great knowledge of the Los Angeles area and current with local hot spots/restaurants.
• Able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
• You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
• You like to be in the mix and thrive in a hyper creative space (inclusive of but not limited to A&R, Marketing, Digital, Streaming, operations, and Music Industry at large).
• You are proactive in keeping executive organized and abreast of urgent issues.
• You are highly organized and understand juggling priorities, timely with follow up; with flexibility outside of ''regular'' business hours.
• Proactive, flexible and a strong decision-making ability.
• You are tech forward and a digital native who is in tune with social media & entertainment culture.
• You adapt quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption.
• Knowledge of MAC computer software; various music industry applications.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $75K to $100K. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.