Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2021 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Executive Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Assistant postings
Full Time Job
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide front-line support services for an enormously active, creative music industry executive.
What you'll do:
• Gate-keeping and monitoring the flow of multi-platform communications to and from the C-suite.
• Serve as liaison between the executive and artists, managers, attorneys, publishers, producers, writers and internal staff.
• Keep executive organized and abreast of urgent issues.
• Handle all travel arrangements for executive.
• Provides clerical support including but not limited to; writing letters, preparing responses to correspondence, and creating meeting agendas and maintaining minutes.
• Remain in constant communication with all departments of the label and corporate headquarters.
• Make quick and accurate decisions when executive is unavailable.
• Keep up-to-date on music business news.
• Assist in keeping executive up-to-date on company initiatives, marketing, concerts, promotions and issues.
• Receives and refers telephone calls and operate as a liaison between the executive and internal staff, artists/artist managers, attorneys, and additional business partners.
• Oversees the maintenance of office physical and digital files. Adds, deletes and updates information as needed or requested.
• Prioritizes the office workload and works collaboratively with colleagues to meet assigned deadlines.
• Handles invoice management and budget tracking.
• Assists with special projects by serving as the project manager, setting goals, monitoring progress, staying within budget and meeting assigned deliverables.
Who you are:
• 3 years of substantial assistant experience supporting either an executive, or c-suite executive.
• Strong interest and knowledge on entertainment industry, specifically music.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail orientation and demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of MAC office software
• Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues.
• Excellent in-person and phone customer service skills and ability to maintain focus in a busy office environment.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
• Able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
• Established relationships within music industry producers, writers, and/or managers.
• Experience and ability to navigate SoundScan, Mediabase, and additional charts.
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
• Proactive, flexible and a strong decision making ability.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.