Editorial Content Manager
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Candidate will be responsible for managing, improving and maintaining content for Sony Music’s intranet site, The Buzz, and external site, sonymusic.com. Duties will include liaising with all Sony Music departments, labels, and territories to gather and post articles, videos, and other multi-media content that highlights news and activities occurring across the company in alignment with our vision and strategy. Additional responsibilities will include assisting departments to ensure that policies, forms, and guidelines presented on the intranet site are up-to-date and easily accessible.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with excellent communication skills, especially with regard to writing and editing. Candidate will also possess a high level of visual/design sensibilities, and be an expert in content optimization and brand consistency to ensure engagement and a positive experience for our employee and external website viewers. Experience in partnering with and influencing a variety of stakeholders across a large organization is critical. Familiarity with SharePoint would be ideal.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Managing content for internal (The Buzz) and external (sonymusic.com) web properties
• Possessing excellent editorial skills and ability to write compelling articles relevant for all Sony Music departments, including a mix of internal news and relevant artist/staff information
• Reviewing fresh content from a variety of sources to determine what should be positioned on the sites each day, and featured as top updates of the day.
• Engaging with our business units regularly to establish which aspects of their department or label they wish to highlight via the sites
• Reviewing existing documents and other site information to ensure content is fresh, timely, and accurate
• Interacting regularly with employees – conducting surveys, etc. – to continuously ensure that the most valuable content is easily accessible on the intranet for employees, and that it meets a variety of needs
• Working with SharePoint technical resources to introduce/implement new features on The Buzz as they become available
• Updating the intranet site on behalf of departments, as needed
• Proven work experience as a Content Manager
• Hands on experience with MS Office, SharePoint and WordPress
• Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
• Familiarity with social media
• Excellent writing skills
• Design sensibility and experience with Photoshop
• Attention to detail
• Good organizational and time-management skills
• BS degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
• Experience with media and entertainment preferred