Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 12:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editor?
Full Time Job
The temp Editor is responsible for editing podcast series for Three Uncanny Four, a podcast department within Sony Music Entertainment. This role will report to the Director of Operations and Head of Creative and is based in New York. We thrive to make meaningful and buoyant content and value kind yet direct communication. This role will report to the Director of Operations and Head of Creative and is based in New York with the duration beginning ASAP through the end of November with a possible extension through end of January 2022.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with Head of Creative and Director of Operations to uphold creative vision and production processes
• Edit episode scripts on deadline at a consistently high level
• Oversee the editorial decisions of various podcasts in production (including reviewing changes to outlines and structure, and directing the team's reporting and scripting), while closely collaborating with Snr Producers and hosts on show production
• Lead table reads and give notes on rough mixes of episodes
• Provide editorial direction on new show ideas in development
• Work with Snr Producer(s) to direct independent contractors to preserve series vision
• Encourage positive energy and forward momentum among the projects you manage, nurturing a joint effort to create impactful podcasts
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
• Proven ability to develop, write, produce, and edit engaging content
• Must have relevant experience in narrative audio storytelling
• Comfortable, and excited, about working across multiple shows and genres.
• Must be a compassionate and thoughtful editor, capable of effectively communicating their editorial decisions
• Excellent direct and compassionate communication skills
• The proven ability to work with, and enthusiasm for, collaborative team environments.
• At least 5 years of direct editing experience in a fast-paced, narrative-centric media environment
• Strong writing skills required
• Podcast experience required
• Must love and listen to podcasts!
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.