Director, Urban Digital Marketing
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Arista is seeking an Director, Urban Digital Marketing , based in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate for this role is highly-organized, forward-thinking, and ambitious. This individual must have a true passion for the music industry and developing the careers of artists.
What you'll do:
• Manage music releases, maintain campaign timelines, and oversee release logistics for urban roster.
• Help develop well-thought-out plans for music releases and assist in long-term career planning for Arista artists.
• Create weekly marketing reports and communicate updates to all team members.
• Participate in creative planning to ensure a continuous flow of content surrounding each artist.
• Align with artist and management for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
• Coordinate the needs of various team members, including publicity, radio, and synch.
• Work with A&R and creative teams to gather all necessary assets to meet delivery deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with digital and commerce teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, and DSP campaigns.
Who you are:
• 4 years of work experience in the music industry, ideally at a label.
• Deep understanding of the music industry and the inner workings of a label.
• Extensive knowledge of Urban Genre.
• Knowledge of music reporting tools, including Mediabase, Soundscan, Next Big Sound, Spotify Analytics, and Apple Connect.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that display organization and attention to detail.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.