Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - The Orchard
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2021 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - The Orchard jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - The Orchard postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - The Orchard? About You:
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - New York. The ideal candidate will serve as a key member of the Strategy team reporting directly to the EVP, Head of Strategy. In this position you will be a strategic thought partner who will advise and influence decisions which have a real impact on the business. You will help drive growth and be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis across the organization.
What You'll Do:
• Identify, engage and run process on potential M&A, investment opportunities and partnerships
• Understand and stay current on various regional markets and industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts to evaluate business opportunities; analyze financial and non-financial data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to management
• Build consensus amongst cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior leaders, and help drive management team decisions
• Own day-to-day work for strategic team including materials preparation, financial planning, senior management presentations and communication to cross functional teams
• Prepare financial models for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures as required
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners, investors, industry experts and within the start-up ecosystem
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5-8 years' of experience working in a strategic capacity in management consulting firms, investment banking, marketing strategy or corporate strategy roles.
• Strong communication skills and a proven track record of communicating a vision and roadmap along with the resourcing needs to achieve it; ability to operate successfully in a cross-functional environment, build relationships, and influence managers
• Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them within quantitative modeling, strategic thinking, and sound business judgment
• Prior experience presenting to executives and senior leadership
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and manage teams
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
Why join us?
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.