Director, Social Impact
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2020 11:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Social Impact jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Social Impact postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Social Impact? As a Director, Social impact, You will be responsible for managing and advancing strategies that help to extend philanthropic programs and activities including key advocacy initiatives across the company's global network. You will also support the functions of the EVP of Philanthropy and Social Impact as it relates to advisement of Sony's artists, and songwriters on charitable initiatives reflecting Sony Music Group's existing commitment to corporate giving. This role will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Philanthropy & Social Impact for Sony Music Group.
What you'll do:
• You will be working with the North America Philanthropy & Social Impact team based in Culver City, CA.
• Managing initiatives focused on Sony Music Group's commitment to support social justice, anti-racist initiatives, and community through philanthropic endeavors.
• Implement and manage an integrated approach to community development that connects back through a corporate responsibility lens.
• Connection point with Sony Music Group's multi business platforms who seek to amplify philanthropic relationships and social and advocacy efforts..
• Coordination with Government Affairs, HR, and the Communications team on local and national projects and advocacy efforts.
• Manage relationships and organizations that reach out for funding or are recommended for funding, communicate stakeholder updates, track investments
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• A typical day/week will include performing work in support of a portfolio of clients and community investments.
• Manage internal and external stakeholders to support additional key initiatives in city or state that deepen relationships and impact within the community.
• Additional work will focus on the coordination (collaboration with internal teams) of the measurement and evaluation of the community investment portfolio, identification of employee engagement opportunities and execution of an integrated communication plan to support and amplify Sony Music Group's community initiatives. (One Sony)
Who will you work with:
You will work on the Philanthropy & Social Impact Team. In addition to this team you will closely with the Diversity & Inclusion, Communications, Marketing, HR, and Government/Public Affairs teams to align and steward and support investments.
Who you are:
• 5 years business leadership and experience managing programs and relationships.
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience managing a corporate social responsibility or related social impact program.
• Relevant experience in corporate social responsibility/social sustainability and/or community development.
• High level stakeholder and/or portfolio management experience across a few of the following sectors: diversity, nonprofit, government, education, music, or youth development.
• Experience with project management, managing daily activities and delivering results in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to mulit- task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Work with team leads to help ensure strategy and execution alignment, and drive decision making.
• Excellent communication, analytical, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a large, matrixed organization.
• Ability to travel domestically/internationally when needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization, including senior executives.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Corporate Partnerships – The ability to manage and leverage strategic internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of the business goals.
• This includes leading and managing key community outreach and involvement initiatives; client engagement in the development, execution, and evaluation of program/project strategy and initiatives.
• Detail Oriented – The ability to pay close attention to all of the small particulars. Focus closely on each project and find ways to complete most efficiently.
• Representing the Company - The ability to establish, maintain, and manage relationships with key individuals/groups/clients and understand that others view you as the spokesperson or representative of the company. This includes the ability to present the company's perspective to various external organizations.
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.