Director / Senior Director, Commercial Partnerships
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As the Director/Senior Director, Commercial Partnerships (depending on experience) you will play a key role in pitching and securing visibility for our artists and repertoire across DSPs. You will create effective streaming campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth. You will communicate regularly with streaming partners so that our artists and repertoire are top of mind for pertinent opportunities.
What you'll do:
• Act as an ambassador for our Hip Hop / Rap / R&B roster of artists across the company, management and with partners.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with streaming account editorial teams to maximize exposure for new releases and emerging opportunities.
• Collaborate across departments to drive ideas that promote streaming behavior on and off platform.
• Craft holistic commercial campaigns that layer on top of streaming to create additional revenue opportunities for the artists and label.
• Develop playlist strategies and multifaceted campaigns to build audience and awareness for emerging and established artists on streaming platforms.
• Manage multiple priorities simultaneously while creating unique, fan driven campaigns to foster on-platform engagement year-round.
• Analyze internal and competitive data to highlight opportunities for label priorities and craft compelling pitches for increased support.
• Identify and test new ways to monetize audiences, develop new concepts that expand physical products in the future, and weave commercial opportunities into cultural touchpoints.
Who you are:
• You have Music industry experience (seven - ten years in streaming/editorial/playlisting field).
• You have massive experience working in and obsessing about Hip Hop and R&B.
• Have strong, existing relationships with key DSP partners.
• Able to demonstrate basic data and song analysis skills.
• An excellent presenter with a positive attitude.
• An ability to work collaboratively with numerous creative teams.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.