Senior Director, Release Planning
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
What you'll do:
• Oversee and implement release planning schedule to ensure the timely delivery of all music, video, artwork and digital assets to the Asset Management System (AOMA) and physical manufacturing facilities.
• Complete entry of comprehensive release data in global release planning systems (GRPS) to ensure product setup for digital delivery or physical manufacturing. Update label departments with production deadlines.
• Lead weekly production meeting with A&R, Marketing, Sales, A&R Admin, Copyright, other groups to receive updates on artwork production, master delivery, digital asset creation and delivery, and physical sales forecasts.
• Deal effectively with unforeseen production problems to ensure prompt delivery of required assets.
• Maintain daily communication with Business Affairs, Copyright Clearance and A&R Administration departments regarding new releases, and track all legal clearances.
• Communicate with supply chain contacts to confirm manufacturing specifications and coordinate all assets for physical releases.
• Attend strategic and planning meetings related to evolving systems and responsibilities within the company.
Who you are:
• 5 years of experience (overall)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to monitor time spent on a particular project and instruct departments of revised deadlines.
• Ability to work diplomatically with a diverse range of personnel from various departments as well outside producers, managers and recording artists.
• Ability to work under pressure, anticipate issues and resolve problems as they arise
• Ability to understand and implement company-wide systems, policies and procedures.
• Excellent computer and problem-solving skills (Sony proprietary systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, web browsers etc.)
• Knowledge of audio production, video production and artwork production a plus.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.