Director, Regional Promotion, Monument Records
Sony MusicNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 5/25/2022 9:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Regional Promotion, Monument Records jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Director, Regional Promotion, Monument Records postings
Full Time Job
As a Director, Regional Promotion at Monument Records, you will be responsible for creating and maximizing airplay, promotions and partnerships with one third of the US country radio stations for Monument's roster of artists. This position is based on relationships and the ability to create and maintain them. Applicants must understand the importance of operating with integrity and building their own reputation for consistent quality that reflect the company's principles and quality of music and artists. In addition, this position is responsible for knowing and understanding the markets themselves and additional opportunities that exist in market to help overall artist development.
About Monument Records:
Formed under the leadership of Jason Owen and Shane McAnally, Monument Records launched as a joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment in 2017. Flagship artist Walker Hayes delivered a platinum single ''You Broke Up With Me'' from his debut album boom. and Caitlyn Smith delivered the critically acclaimed debut album Starfire in Monument's first year of operation. The full roster includes, Walker Hayes, Caitlyn Smith, Brandon Ratcliff, Teddy Robb, and Alex Hall.
What you'll do:
• Create, secure, and maintain relationships with radio stations and have a full understanding of how those people operate and program their stations in order to create fruitful partnerships with our artists.
• Secure adds, airplay and conversions at radio stations in designated markets.
• Establish, build and maintain excellent relationships with each radio station's staff. Meet with them regularly to discuss Monument's current priorities and future releases.
• Conceptualize, create, coordinate and deliver unique and effective radio promotions that will enable our artists to gain exposure and airplay.
• Work in conjunction with the marketing team to align each artist's schedules and arrange interviews and other promotional appearances within the region.
• Interact with local music and media outlets – such as music video shows and local clubs as well as non-monitored radio stations to secure airplay for Monument's artists.
• Work directly with the artists and cover their appearances and promotion fulfillment(s) when they are on the road (via tour dates, promotional tours, and event appearances).
• Work as needed on the fulfillment of various promotions as they relate to radio stations, contesting, and our labels artists.
• Analyze various data (Mediabase, BDS (Nielsen), Promosquad, SoundScan, iTunes, Spotify and other streaming outlets, and other metrics) to analyze how our current songs / artists are doing in different markets and to strategize the next steps and future strategies.
• Keep in close contact with the Vice President, Promotion and regularly communicate with them to discuss the territory, label priorities, promotion plans/strategies via weekly/monthly reports, emails, and conference calls.
• Adhere to all of the company's policies and procedures regarding Radio Promotion.
• Handle all administrative duties (product requests, servicing radio with new music/mailers, completing monthly recap reports, completing T&E reports, etc.) in a timely and efficient fashion.
Who you are:
• A minimum three years promotion or sales experience.
• Existing relationships at country radio strongly preferred.
• Willing to work frequent nights/weekends and consistent travel.
• Proficient in Mediabase and BDS Data.
• A general understanding of streaming and sales data and how to communicate it out.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly.
• A positive, professional and calm attitude at all times is required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.