Director, Product Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is undergoing a huge transformation driven by Data, Analytics, and Cognitive technologies. We have created a new team, lead by our CDO, focused on advancing Sony Music’s data strategy & capabilities around the world.
Using data-centric strategies, with design and technology principles in mind, we are developing products, tools, apps, and more that deliver actionable insights that help shape strategic thinking and drive business solutions for our labels. The teams goals are to:
• Provide business intelligence and technology solutions for use across the company’s labels and business units
• Create predictive tools and analytics platforms to enhance Sony Music’s capabilities in artist and partner discovery, solutions, commercial strategy, marketing, and A&R
• Enhance service to Sony Music’s artists and business partners
• Grow commercial opportunities
We are looking for a Director of Product Development to report into the EVP, Chief Data Officer organization.
The right candidate would be technically strong, able to provide suggestions and solutions on architecture and build best practices, and have hands on product development background with native mobile apps and portals.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Responsible for the end-to-end product development life cycle
• Manage all resources, including front-end and back-end developers, engineers, UX/UI teams, etc.
• Set up an agile process using Jira, establish sprint cycles, and establish the MVP roadmap
• Interview and hire the product development team
• Represent Sony Music Product Development and Innovation team
• High energy and passion for the job
• Appreciation for design, branding, and building products that never sacrifice on quality and performance
• Leadership proven ability to excite and lead product teams
• Equivalent of 5 years of product development or similar experience
• Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with agile development methodologies like Scrum