Director, Product Design
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is looking for a Director of Product Design to join our dynamic NYC team.
• Define and lead product design strategy, processes and discipline
• Manage, build and inspire the Product Design team providing actionable feedback and guidance on design decisions and processes
• Drive adoption of our design system and ensure consistency across our products and tools
• Build and refine our process for gathering data, feedback and input from users, stakeholders and the Data team to inform design decisions
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering leadership and teams to continually optimize design ideation, planning, execution and delivery processes
• 3 to 5 years managing, hiring and inspiring designers
• Able to talk through a design portfolio that exhibits deep design thinking and strong end-to-end design processes.
• Extensive experience using and implementing design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator), prototyping tools (InVision, Framer, Principle), and web production tools (HTML/CSS)
• Experience working on content, data, mobile, and/or SaaS products
The Ideal Candidate
• Naturally curious person who likes to dive deep into complex workflows and systems in order to find opportunities to simplify and remove friction
• An exceptional communicator who can set up frameworks, facilitate workshops and build stakeholder buy-in across the organization
• Constantly thinks about how to improve the user experience and can expertly build buy-in and support from across the organization
• A love for music and film a plus
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity. The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.