Director, Product Design
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is hiring a Director, Product Design to join our NYC team.
• Define and lead product design strategy, processes and discipline
• Manage, build and inspire the Product Design team providing actionable feedback and guidance on design decisions and processes
• Establish and manage design frameworks and systems to ensure consistent user experience across our ever-evolving suite of products and tools
• Build and refine our process for gathering data, feedback and input from users, stakeholders and the Data team to inform design decisions
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to continually optimize design ideation, planning, execution and delivery processes
• 3 to 5 years managing, hiring and inspiring designers
• Able to talk through a design portfolio that exhibits deep design thinking and strong end-to-end design processes.
• Extensive experience using and implementing design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator), prototyping tools (InVision, Framer, Principle), and web production tools (HTML/CSS)
• Experience working on content, data, mobile, and/or SaaS products
The Ideal Candidate
• Naturally curious person who likes to dive deep into complex workflows and systems in order to find opportunities to simplify and remove friction
• An exceptional communicator who can set up frameworks, facilitate workshops and build stakeholder buy-in across the organization
• Constantly thinks about how to improve the user experience and can expertly build buy-in and support from across the organization
• A love for music and film a plus
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Orchard is a leading independent music, film and video distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, G Herbo, and Nina Nesbitt as well as acclaimed movies like The Dawn Wall, Bart Layton’s American Animals, and Oscar-nominated films Life, Animated and Cartel Land. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.