Director Of Operations
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/11/2019 7:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director Of Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Of Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Operations? Sony Music Entertainment is a global leader in audio entertainment that works in partnership with music and podcasting talent to develop and maximize their creative and commercial opportunities. Three Uncanny Four, a new podcast joint-venture with Sony Music Entertainment, is seeking a Director of Operations to work closely with the COO to define and create the company’s operational backbone. The ideal candidate is obsessively detailed, but also able to adapt and improvise in an evolving, sometimes ambiguous startup environment.
About Three Uncanny Four
Three Uncanny Four was co-founded in 2019 by Adam Davidson and Laura Mayer in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment. Davidson is a contributing writer for The New Yorker and a leading broadcaster and podcasting voice who co-founded and co-hosted NPR’s Planet Money and served as a frequent contributor to This American Life. His co-reporting on the episode “The Giant Pool of Money” for This American Life received the Peabody, DuPont-Columbia, and Polk Awards and was named one of the top works of journalism of the decade by New York University’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. In addition, he has previously worked with Adam McKay as a co-host of Gimlet Media’s Surprisingly Awesome podcast. Mayer, who started her career in radio as a producer across multiple shows at WNYC New York Public Radio including the Fishko Files and On the Media, is a highly accomplished podcast producer. She previously oversaw all podcast production and launched dozens of shows for Panoply Media and also led the first season of production of Revisionist History. Most recently, she was the Executive Producer for Show Development at Stitcher where she developed and produced numerous projects for the company’s comedy-focused Earwolf network and Stitcher label.
• Work with the COO to create and implement the processes and systems that will enable the company to grow
• Create and maintain department budgets
• Work with outside counsel on contract best practices
• Develop the operational interface between Three Uncanny Four and Sony Music Entertainment
• Build an Operations Department from the ground up
• Work with COO to manage an Office Manager and Admin Assistant
• Must be organized
• Comfortable navigating a startup environment and collaborating with parent companies
• Experience with developing short term and long term strategic visions
• Proven ability to proactively identify potential operational pain points for the team
• Ability to adapt in a young, evolving startup environment
• The interpersonal skills necessary to lead and influence members of the team through listening to feedback and navigating the varying needs of each individual
• Experience in advocating and socializing new processes and procedures
• 5 years experience working in operations
• We are not looking for podcast or media-specific experience, but be prepared to tell us how your background prepares you for this role This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.