Director, National Mixshow & Northeast Promotion
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2020 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, National Mixshow & Northeast Promotion jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, National Mixshow & Northeast Promotion postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, National Mixshow & Northeast Promotion?
• Secure airplay/ adds / rotations at radio stations in given markets. Find compelling ways utilizing relationships, communications skills and compelling information/statistics to get a radio station's ''will never add'' to ''will maybe add'' and ''will maybe add'' to an ''add.''
• Establish, build and maintain excellent relationships with each radio station's staff. Meet with them regularly to discuss Columbia's current priorities and future releases.
• Develop strong working relationships with retail, streaming services, lifestyle accounts, club owners, etc.
• Conceptualize, create, coordinate and deliver unique and effective radio promotions that will enable our artists to gain exposure and airplay.
• Work in conjunction with the publicity & marketing department to align artist's schedules and arrange interviews and other promotional appearances within the region.
• Interact with local music and media outlets – such as music video shows and local clubs as well as non-monitored radio stations to secure airplay for Columbia's artists.
• Work directly with the artists and cover their appearances and promotion fulfillment(s) when they are on the road (via tour dates, promotional tours, and event appearances) in the RPM's market.
• Work as needed on the fulfillment of various promotions as they relate to radio stations, contesting, and our labels artists.
• Analyze various data (Mediabase, BDS (Nielsen), Promosquad, SoundScan, iTunes, Spotify (and other streaming outlets, and other metrics) to analyze how our current songs / artists are doing in different markets and to strategize the next steps and future strategies.
• Keep in close contact with Format heads and regularly communicate with them to discuss the territory, label priorities, promotion plans/strategies via weekly/monthly reports, emails, and conference calls.
• Adhere to all of the company's policies and procedures regarding Radio Promotion.
• Handle all administrative duties (product requests, servicing radio with new music/mailers, completing monthly recap reports, completing T&E reports, etc.) in a timely and efficient fashion.
National Mixshow Promotion
• Develop and promote records at the mix-show radio format.
• Gain Mixshow and Club airplay, while securing a strong foundation at Urban and Rhythm radio.
• Service/communicate with Radio, Club, Mix CD and College DJ's Nationally regarding our Urban record priorities.
• Direct radio promotions with label partners
• Contribute heavily to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies for assigned projects.
• Liaise with labels, artists, management, radio personnel, the promotion, marketing and sales departments to maximize artist exposure to core demographic.
• Research and evaluate label needs, industry landscape, and market trends.
• Work with Product Managers and corresponding departments to identify potential label/artist opportunities.
• Strategize with Digital Marketing department in creating awareness and market directly to consumers.
• Promote artists through new means of Life-Style marketing to raise consumer awareness.
• Travel with artists on radio promotion tours.
• 5 years of previous experience of radio promotion at a record label.
• Ability to travel as needed (about 40%).
• Must have a valid Driver's License.
• Must have working and up-to-date knowledge of the Radio marketplace including previous experience working with BDS and Mediabase data.
• Must relate to current and changing trends in the Streaming / Consumption models of the business.
• Ability to recognize differences from market to market and from station to station while also understanding that what you do at one radio station affects all stations in each market.
• Computer Skills: Radio and sales programs as well as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point).
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of Urban music landscape.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong promotion and marketing sensibility, problem solving skills.
• Highly organized and strong time management skills.
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.