Director, Media Buying & Audience Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Columbia Records is looking for a Director, Media Buying & Audience Development. This person will be a true thought leader guiding the audience development strategy and adoption within the label.
• Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns.
• Conduct fan building and data capture campaigns.
• Maximize Direct to Consumer performance and optimize streaming conversion rates.
• Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime.
• Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix.
• Experiment with new media platforms and channels.
• Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately.
• Motivates and energizes the digital and marketing teams by defining best-in-class marketing and channel experience.
• Works closely with the Data and Commercial teams.
• Creates strong partnerships with Product, Analytics, Ops, Agencies and other key partners and stakeholders.
• Proactively optimizes and ensures the health of the CRM channels via review of KPI/ metrics and monthly health checks.
• Represents channel externally while partnering with 3rd party vendors & creative agencies.
• Develops CRM channel reach and retention.
• Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI).
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of experience in CRM, online advertising or business management.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field.
• Passion for music.
• Proven track record of channel expertise and marketing management: e.g. Agency, Email ESP, Retail, Email, Notifications.
• Proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role; experience in digital media is preferred.
• Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research.
• Interest in following advertising and media trends.
• Working knowledge of media analytics software (e.g. comScore).
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to work with multiple internal teams requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise.
• Record of building high trust relationships with partners & project managers. Data-driven decision making & influence.
• Creating and cultivating networks of people across a global and matrixed organization.
• Candidate should be comfortable with executive-level presentations and influence as well as diving deeper into problem-solving with team.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Collaborative, and innovative and critical thinking skills.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.