Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/17/2023 3:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
As a Director, Marketing you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of marketing for assigned artists and for coordinating the efforts of the label to ensure the consistency of messaging and imaging between artists and their music. You will oversee the planning, development, pitching and execution of innovative marketing strategies to launch, brand and develop artists throughout the product lifecycle for assigned artist projects. This position supports the Columbia Records Hip Hop and R&B rosters.
What you'll do:
• Contribute to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, packaging design, ad campaigns, and tour planning for assigned projects.
• Participate in near and long term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects while acting as a central point of contact and lead for all assigned projects. Work with all departments in meeting deadlines and keeping a creative thread running throughout the projects.
• Develop and execute creative imaging for marketing campaigns in conjunction with an Art Director. Select and approve visual imagery and creative direction of marketing tools while also overseeing the timely production of commercial and promotional product, including advertising materials, album packaging, videos, retail displays and posters.
• Lead collaborative effort and help conceptualize creative concepts with digital marketing specialists on all digital marketing initiatives including the development of mobile and digital marketing concepts, artist website design and maintenance, and the design, implementation and maintenance of social media presence.
• Liaise with artist management on a regular basis and communicate label plans and expectations.
• Create/negotiate and manage marketing budgets for each assigned project.
• Participate in managing release schedule as it pertains to assigned projects.
• Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market/cultural trends.
• Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
• Work with artist management and A&R on assessing artist development needs.
• Work closely with promotion and publicity departments on creating and scheduling opportunities.
• Work with the Sales department to meet or exceed sales targets.
• Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
• Forecast revenue and expenses.
• Lead development and execution of unique 'direct to consumer' campaigns.
• Help with the planning and execution of artist showcases/listening parties/events for tastemakers and industry personnel.
Who you are:
• You're a passionate music fan with at least 6 years of progressive marketing experience in the music industry and expertise in breaking artists in the hip hop and R&B space
• Self-starter who adapts quickly to change and can work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management
• Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to apply ideas strategically while working to a set budget and timeline.
• Proficient with major social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Triller, Reddit and Snapchat.
• Understanding of the DSP landscape and associated strategy and new tech platforms such as Twitch and Discord.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $94,000 to $110,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.