Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Love podcasts? We do too! As a Marketing Director in Sony Music's Global Podcast Division, you will join a dynamic group of creators, producers and business leaders who are passionate about building premium content in the fast-growing podcast space. You will own the marketing strategy and oversee planning, development and execution of innovative initiatives that drive downloads and subscriptions for our growing slate of shows. The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker who can combine their marketing experience, analytical skills, and audience insights to engage listeners across digital and social platforms.
Working closely with our rapidly growing production, talent and creative teams, along with the broader marketing team in London and LA, you will create breakthrough initiatives to generate awareness of our growing podcast offering and ensure our shows are a must-listen for audiences around world. This role reports to the Vice President, Marketing and is based in New York.
What you'll do:
• Oversee and create launch strategies to exceed audience targets for new podcasts and grow listenership for existing shows and back-catalog episodes
• Establish objectives, key results, processes, and workflow to deliver campaigns on time, within budget and in line with overall marketing goals
• Collaborate with marketing, internal creative resources and external agencies to optimize creative strategy and ensure flawless campaign execution
• Plan and optimize marketing spend to test new initiatives and achieve performance goals
• With a meticulous eye for detail, track spend, raise purchase orders, and liaise with finance to ensure projects meet budget objectives
• Partner with platform partners (Apple, Spotify, Amazon, etc.) to maximize show promotion and secure co-marketing opportunities
• Analyze and report outcomes of audience growth initiatives to senior management, producers, and talent
• Work with sales team to develop advertising pitches, RFPs and supporting collateral
• Assist with overseeing development of the podcast division brand to unite and amplify the strengths of our podcast business in the marketplace
Who you are:
• 7-10 years marketing experience, with a background in TV, media or entertainment marketing strongly preferred
• Must be an excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain the respect of members of the cross-functional and senior teams.
• A proven track record of creating and executing impactful marketing campaigns for media and entertainment properties with demonstrable ROI
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritize, and advance multiple projects simultaneously
• Solid understanding of creative positioning, key art/video execution and advertising campaign development
• Equally creative and analytical, with exceptional communication skills
• Experience in buying digital and podcast media
• Experience managing and developing direct reports
• Budget management experience required
• Podcast marketing experience a plus
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.