Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Marketing is responsible for overseeing all aspects of marketing for assigned artists and for coordinating the efforts of the label to ensure the consistency of messaging and imaging between artists and their music. They will oversee the planning, development, pitching and execution of innovative marketing strategies to launch, brand and develop artists throughout the product lifecycle for assigned artist projects.
• Contribute heavily to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, packaging design, ad campaigns, and tour planning for assigned projects.
• Participate in near and long term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects while acting as a central point of contact and lead for all assigned projects. Work with all departments in meeting deadlines and keeping a creative thread running throughout the projects.
• Develop and execute creative imaging for marketing campaigns in conjunction with an Art Director. Select and approve visual imagery and creative direction of marketing tools while also overseeing the timely production of commercial and promotional product, including advertising materials, album packaging, videos, retail displays and posters.
• Lead collaborative effort and help conceptualize creative concepts with digital marketing specialists on all digital marketing initiatives including the development of mobile and digital marketing concepts, artist website design and maintenance, and the design, implementation and maintenance of social media presence.
• Liaise with artist management on a regular basis and communicate label plans and expectations.
• Create/negotiate and manage marketing budgets for each assigned project.
• Participate in managing release schedule as it pertains to assigned projects.
• Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market/cultural trends.
• Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
• Work with artist management and A&R on assessing artist development needs.
• Work closely with promotion and publicity departments on creating and scheduling opportunities.
• Work with the Sales department to meet or exceed sales targets.
• Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
• Help with the planning and execution of artist showcases/listening parties/events for tastemakers and industry personnel.
• At least 5 years of progressive marketing experience in the music/entertainment industry.
• Demonstrated creative ideation of successful marketing campaigns.
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to create multiple artist schedules and budgets.
• Strong marketing, project management, and problem solving skills.
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.