Director, Litigation and Employment
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/13/2021 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Litigation and Employment jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Litigation and Employment postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Litigation and Employment? Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Director, Litigation and Employment will report jointly to the company's Sr. Vice President, Head of US Litigation, Business & Legal Affairs and Sr. Vice President, Employment Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs. The ideal candidate will be a JD (Member of the New York State Bar in good standing) with a minimum of 4-5 years law firm or in-house experience in both copyright law and general employment law.
What you'll do:
Litigation: Primarily work on investigating, evaluating and responding to notices of termination sent under Section 203 and/or 304 of the U.S. Copyright Act. Responsibilities will include negotiating resolution of disputes, drafting and revising settlement agreements and supervising outside counsel in related litigation. There will also be an opportunity to work on defending Sony Music in connection with legal claims, and protecting the intellectual property rights of Sony Music and its artists. Tasks may include responding to infringement claims, performing legal research, drafting claim letters and C&Ds, and advising Sony Music's labels on intellectual property, contractual and related legal questions.
Employment: Primarily work on negotiating, drafting and enforcing a variety of employment-related agreements (e.g., employment, consulting, separation, etc.). Responsibilities will also include but not limited to:
• Monitoring and advising on important developments in employment law and regulatory issue
• Assisting with immigration matters, reductions in force, audits, and employment-related claims and litigation
Who you are:
• Familiarity with some or all of the following subject areas is helpful: general business litigation, especially entertainment industry-related; knowledge of copyright law; general employment law
• Strong written communication, contract drafting, and negotiating skills
• Ability to research legal questions.
• Ability to supervise and evaluate paralegal and clerical subordinates engaged in the performance of legal-related tasks
• Superior judgment, integrity and inter-personal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and tactfully with clients and third parties
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
• Ability to function well under pressure and to prioritize and reprioritize frequently.
• Ability to meet a schedule or deadline set by someone else
• Keen attention to detail
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas through New Year's) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.