Director, Insights & Reporting
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Part Time Job
The Director, Insights & Reporting responsible for managing how Sony Music's robust suite of research, digital social tools can drive strategic decisions to shape the business. The Director will generate data-driven insights to influence both creative and business decisions across Sony Music's commercial and label divisions in the US, as well as lead a small team to do the same. This is an unique opportunity for a creative data-savvy person to help inform how Sony Music reaches different audiences and fans.
The candidate will be part of Sony Music's broader Insights & Reporting team in New York City and will report into the VP, Insights & Reporting.
What you'll do:
• Serve as primary expert on all things consumer behavior, including emerging trends, as well as which types of 3rd party data sources will help Sony Music continue to succeed.
• Respond to a large volume of music-related research requests across commercial partnerships, partner/business development, marketing, and other key label teams, leveraging full suite of analytical tools.
• Generate and present actionable recommendations across commercial partnerships, marketing and other divisions, ensuring the voice of the consumer is always heard.
• Manage vendor relationships maintain the suite of 3rd party analytics tools used by the team, ensuring we continue to have access to best-of-class offerings. This includes maintaining the ongoing development of proprietary research tools.
• Manage, mentor and develop the skills of the research team, consisting of a senior analyst a few part-time analysts.
• Support industry research needs on an ongoing basis, through collaborations with internal external teams.
Who you are:
• You have 7 years experience in consumer/marketing research, content/creative research, audience measurement, social media analytics, or related field.
• You know how to tell a compelling story from data in a clear concise manner – orally, in writing, and in presentations.
• You are an effective communicator, with excellent verbal written communication skills. Prior experience presenting to senior executives is a plus.
• Expertise and comfort across various research and social analytics tools, such as Brandwatch, Qualtrics, Tubular, Canvs, Alteryx, Clear Decisions, Chartmetric, and more.
• You have great organizational skills are comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed, working well under tight deadlines.
• Possess a strong knowledge and passion for music is a must. Prior experience in music preferred.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $135,000 to $165,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.