Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Coconut Grove / Miami
The Director, Finance is responsible for serving as the key Finance liaison between US Latin and Sony Music Corporate Finance. The Director will be responsible for all monthly/quarterly Corporate financial reporting requirements as well as overseeing financial planning and analysis. The Director, Finance will help supervise a team of four and reports directly to the Senior VP, Finance.
• Maintaining and updating financial planning models to manage effective forecasting and budgeting processes.
• Overseeing deal analysis and preparing deal memos for senior management review and approval.
• Providing oversight over the review and analysis of monthly financial results including, but not limited to: researching general ledger activity, approving journal entries, analyzing account balances and transaction detail, balance sheet analysis, and corporate reporting.
• Planning, reviewing and assisting with timely preparation of quarterly review and year-end audit packages for external auditors and internal reporting requirements including any follow-up issues, requests and analysis.
• Providing monthly P&L commentary and analysis of actuals and forecast against budget.
• Planning, reviewing and assisting with preparation of key elements of the annual business plan related to talent expense and IRL income.
• Assisting with oversight of talent activity for the Label, including analysis of capitalized artist advance balances as well as monthly artist study reviews and adjustments, allocation of artist payments/advances, and corresponding forecast requirements.
• Reviewing and analyzing US Latin’s reporting packages including, but not limited to: monthly P&L and balance sheet packages and overhead reporting versus annual business plan.
• Planning, reviewing and assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements and forecast submissions, including required analysis and estimates for forecasting models to meet corporate deadlines/timelines.
• Creating and automating the preparation of key monthly management reporting tools that will help support the education of the creative staff on the fiscal impact of various “creative” decisions.
• Analyzing talent and international licensing/income and preparing financial schedules in connection with periodic senior management business review meetings.
• Responsible for creating the financial structures used to support the administration of new business venture activity such as profit splits and rights participation businesses. This includes the creation of new financial reporting segments, SAP G/L Acct structures, system accounting process interfaces and accounting treatments for entire new segments of business.
• Ability to develop queries to retrieve financial data from various financial systems (SAP, BW, BPC, MS Access, etc.).
• Assisting in the development and implementation of processes to measure and improve our marketing efficiency.
• Ad hoc special projects and analyses for label and corporate senior management, including Power Point presentations of financial results, forecast and plan data.
• Working closely with senior members of other departments, including Marketing, Sales, New Business, Licensing, Catalog, and Business Intelligence to prepare financial forecast models and review effectiveness of investment decisions, digital media/online marketing and promotion strategies relative to costs and effort and the direct and indirect impact on sales and exposure.
• Responsibility for managing/supervising junior finance staff.
• Minimum of 7 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role (entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal).
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major or minor in Business with concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• MBA in Finance with a concentration in Accounting or CPA preferred.
• Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; SAP & SAP BW; BPC, MS Query; For internal candidates: experience with Lookup Tables; SAMIS.
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks.
• Ability to proactively and productively work in team settings, including being receptive, open minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.