Director, Editorial & Programming
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Editorial & Programming, Hip Hop & R&B
As the Director, Editorial & Programming – Hip Hop & R&B, you will play a key role in pitching and securing visibility for our artists and repertoire across DSPs. You will create effective streaming campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth. You will communicate regularly with streaming partners so that our artists and repertoire are top of mind for pertinent opportunities. Additionally, your responsibilities will be to ensure you are the main point of contact for artist & management teams across Columbia Records' repertoire. As the point of contact for them, you will help walk them through release campaigns, delivery & asset needs, as well as, explain to them overall track/album performance within the commercial space.
What you'll do:
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with streaming account editorial teams to maximize exposure for new releases and emerging opportunities.
• Collaborate across departments to drive ideas that promote streaming behavior off platform that subsequently drives fans on platform.
• Pitch and secure meetings with artists and music teams at each partner. Work with internal teams on securing advanced music and material to share in advance.
• Develop playlist strategies and multifaceted campaigns to build audience and awareness for emerging and established artists on streaming platforms.
• Manage multiple priorities across numerous genres simultaneously while creating unique, fan driven playlist campaigns to foster on-platform engagement year-round.
• Analyze account controlled/curated playlists and competitive data to identify opportunities for label priorities and help craft compelling pitches.
• Manage partner & label asset needs to effectively execute streaming campaigns.
• Be responsible for delivering all needs revolving around DSP streaming activations within single and album release campaigns.
• Overview data and track/album performance with artist and management camps across the Columbia Records roster.
Who you are:
• You have Music industry experience (at least five years in streaming/editorial/playlisting field)
• Have strong, existing relationships with key DSP partners including, but not limited to, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, YouTube, Pandora, Tidal and Audiomack.
• Able to demonstrate basic data and song analysis skills
• Advanced skillset and experience within the Microsoft office suite
• An excellent presenter with a positive attitude
• An ability to work collaboratively with numerous creative teams
• An ability to travel domestically for artist and partner related activations/meetings
• New York based
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.