Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - The Orchard
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to join our NYC office. You will champion the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive culture by leading the development of a vision and effective strategy to create and thread a culture for equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout The Orchard. This position is a key partner to our business leaders to form and drive the most effective strategies across all functions so that diversity and inclusion is embedded throughout the entire business.
What You'll Do:
• Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of equity, strategies and program to continuously improve engagement among our candidates and employees.
• Bring thought leadership, tailored insights, and strategic perspective to fostering inclusion and increasing diversity across our global team.
• Partner with Department Heads to provide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (D&I) expertise into their strategies and help to create a cohesive internal narrative.
• Partner closely with Learning and Development, HR Business Partners as well as wider People Operations teams in integrating inclusion, diversity and bias mitigation concepts into learning and employee development programs.
• Develop, maintain and monitor DEI metrics, and research -based insights to diagnose and assess the impact of specific strategies and initiatives.
• Drive projects which contribute to a high performing organization closely linked to our values and culture.
• Apply various tactics to boost employee retention and productivity across all company levels. Implementing procedures to measure results.
• Engage senior leaders in these programs, keeping other functions informed of updates and changes in consistent and engaging ways.
• Collaborate with other functions to reinforce our employee value proposition.
• Work with Talent Acquisition leadership to continue enhancing the candidate and new hire experience through programs focused on recruiting, interviewing, pre-boarding and onboarding.
• Oversee the management of employee engagement surveys; along with action planning; goal-setting and award management.
• Drive a listening culture and build feedback mechanisms into employee engagement activities and internal communications to enable employees to have an opportunity for dialogue.
• Lead the Orchard Exec team by focusing on running programs across the employee experience space. Work closely with the team to organize initiatives and campaigns to inspire and bring our core values to life.
• Assist with the development and roll-out of key global and regional HR programs including performance management, learning & development, talent management, wellbeing, etc.
• Supporting other ad-hoc projects, as required.
Who You Are:
• You are someone who is able to effectively create a narrative using and analyzing data, and implement strategies accordingly.
• Have independence of thought and the ability to analyze complex problems from multiple perspectives.
• Have significant and proven experience specializing in employee engagement and D&I initiatives.
• Have proven leadership and people management experience.
• Have the capacity and desire to partner closely with the C-Suite and business executives.
• You must be able to move with urgency, manage multiple priorities, produce excellent work results, and follow through on commitments.
• 5 years in Human Resources, Learning & Development, or Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Enterprise start-up, technology-oriented environments or technical organizations strongly preferred
What We Give You:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
About The Orchard
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.