Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/20/2021 5:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion? As Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, you will play a key role on the growing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Sony Music Group. In this role, you will build and leverage communication strategies to promote DE&I activities and initiatives internally and externally within the music industry at large. The focus is on operationalizing strategic initiatives, managing key partnerships and providing flawless execution to key DEI efforts. You will create systems and processes to review DEI activity across the labels including but not limited to SMG Employee Resource Groups, label taskforces and operate as the liaison to key internal groups, including DE&I partners in HR, Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition.
What you'll do:
• Create and implement solutions to make DEI more uniform, consistent and streamlined across the organization (e.g. review and approval process for DEI events).
• Provide in-house DEI counsel and support across the organization (ERGSs) to support and standardize DEI.
• Lead planning, operations and logistics for DEI events, programs and initiatives nationally, and creating toolkits to support DEI initiatives across labels.
• Review content, stories, language and answer DEI questions, as needed, for cultural accuracy and inclusion by providing counsel, guidance and directional support.
• Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommended strategies for continuous learning, best practice sharing and improvement to our DEI efforts.
• Provide ongoing analytics and reporting support in partnership with the EVP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer.
• Provide specific, practical and actionable tools and resources (e.g. diversity dashboards, templates, forms, surveys) to increase consistency and standardize DEI.
• Establish relationships with key internal and external DEI partners, and ability to handle confidential data and information.
• Manage multiple projects, budget and partnerships in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are:
• 3 years of senior-level experience in a diversity-specific role creating, leading, and implementing diversity, inclusion, and belonging strategies. Global experience a bonus.
• Demonstrated experience in the building of a clear vision for the future of cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion creating a transparent framework to connect SMG's organizational mission and business strategy that provides transparency and inspires action for all levels and audiences.
• Demonstrated ability at driving large-scale culture change efforts in well – regarded and admired companies with the ability to partner with multiple stakeholders to gain their commitment and support.
• Demonstrated team leadership, coaching, and group facilitation/presentation skills.
• Effective data analysis, problem-solving, and reporting skills; expertise in identifying, collecting, and analyzing data necessary to develop and assess progress toward achieving priorities and develop key strategies.
• Ability to collaborate and influence areas of the business without direct reporting relationships.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.