Director, Digital Advertising
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2023 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Digital Advertising jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Digital Advertising postings
Full Time Job
The Director, Digital Advertising, spearheads the digital advertising strategy for SME's catalog tracks and artists. If you are a forward-thinking advertising expert with deep understanding of music fans, targeting, and content, who is energized by the prospect of reaching fans and driving actions – this may be the role for you. Must be a music fanatic.
This role is part of Sony Legacy's Audience Development team, and reports to the VP, Audience Development.
What you'll do:
• Partner & collaborate closely with Legacy's marketing and audience development teams, the central ads team, and external agencies, to develop and execute robust digital advertising strategies and campaigns for Sony artists: crafting detailed briefs across social, search, display, programmatic etc. – setting KPIs, optimizing ads in real-time, and ensuring all ads are aligned to the overall objectives of the campaign: purchase/consumption, engagement, acquisition.
• Lead the advertising content strategy for all campaigns. Collaborate with internal and external content creators to deliver best in class advertising content, that is dynamic and engaging, and optimized for the advertising platform, placement, and objective. Analyze content performance and utilize data to provide timely feedback and recommendations. Present monthly creative trend analysis reports to wider label teams, using Sony and competitor content examples.
• Collaborate with the Snr Director of Audience Development to leverage first party data across all campaigns: testing ad targeting based on fan preference/actions. Create advanced retargeting strategies, test variables across audiences and establish advertising benchmarks for fans. Ensure that advertising pixels and relevant event tracking is implemented across channels ahead of campaign launch.
• Partner with the central ads team and external agencies/tools to manage the reporting and analytics for all advertising campaigns. Use the data to optimize campaigns in real-time, measure effectiveness across targets, objectives, placement, and content. Provide internal/external stakeholders with campaign reports, giving context to the data, and highlighting wins and areas for improvement for each campaign – use these learnings to consistently evolve best practices.
• Work alongside the team lead and central ads team on advertising partnerships. Forming direct relationships with various media platforms and ad tech companies, finding opportunities to influence added value from partners around priority advertising campaigns. Collaborate with partners on beta launches and case studies, identifying new ways for us to reach fans through paid media to drive scalable and efficient results.
• Keep track of campaign budgets and advertising credits, working alongside team coordinator to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner. Keeping all campaigns within budget and optimizing spend to drive cost effective results. When necessary, suggest budget increases to project leads, based on results.
• Partner with the audience development team to bridge the gap between organic and paid social, ensuring that advertising campaigns are complimentary to organic activity. Initiate boosted posts on high performing content.
• Offer guidance to team members on influencer marketing campaigns. Helping marketing team to launch dynamic paid influencer campaigns that drive incremental awareness and engagement for Sony's tracks and artists.
Who you are:
• 5 years of experience in media planning, social media advertising, and data analytics/reporting within the music industry, with expertise in real-time advertising optimization - must have familiarity with core digital music services
• Deep understanding of the importance of digital advertising content. Comfortable with giving constructive feedback to content creators to optimize content
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under demanding timelines
• An analytical advertiser, with an intuitive understanding of advertising reporting tools and the ability to develop tailored reporting across campaigns
• Understands how to harness first party data to target fans and connect the dots between ads and organic audience development channels, to drive efficient and scalable results across audiences
• Skilled in the creation and delivery of presentations, giving context around data and crafting presentations with the audience in mind
• Working knowledge of various ad tech from planning tools to ad management software, ad-serving platforms and reporting systems
• Intuitive understanding of streaming reporting tools and the ability to attribute advertising results to consumption metrics
• Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and mobilize while maintaining a positive and productive approach in high-pressure situations
• Must be curious, adaptable, and passionate about music and music culture.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $105,000 to $125,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.