Director, Commercial Contracts
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/2/2021 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Commercial Contracts jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Commercial Contracts postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Commercial Contracts?
Full Time Job
Director, Commercial Contracts, Marketing & Trademarks, Business & Legal Affairs
The Director, Commercial Contracts, Marketing and Trademarks, Business &Legal Affairs, is a position within the transactional legal team, providing legal support on a global basis in connection with a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor agreements and non-disclosure agreements, as well as marketing and promotions matters and trademark advice. This position reports to the Senior VP, Corporate Deputy General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs.
What you'll do:
Commercial Agreements Responsibilities
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of standard and custom legal agreements and supporting legal documents, in close collaboration with teammates and business colleagues, including non-disclosure agreements, as well as agreements with vendors, contractors, and consultants, across a wide range of subject matter, including technology, real estate and intellectual property.
• Support transactional team on an as-needed basis, including in connection with transaction-related due diligence.
Marketing and Promotions Responsibilities
• Advise internal clients on marketing campaigns with contesting/sweepstakes elements, including:
• Draft rules for contests and sweepstakes for internal clients.
• Review, negotiate and draft promotion-related agreements
• Review and revise official rules for contests and sweepstakes with external partners to ensure compliance, including bonding and registration as necessary.
• Keep current with terms and conditions, and promotion guidelines for current and emerging social medial sites (FB, Twitter, etc.), user-generated content sites and influencer campaigns.
• Presenting to internal clients on current topics relevant to contests and sweepstakes, including social media platforms' promotions guidelines and FTC guidelines.
• Supervise management of SME's global trademark portfolio, including all filings, office actions and enforcement decisions; review watch notices and advise on, and execute, appropriate action.
• Supervise trademark searches and clearances, and analyze and advise on results for internal clients, including providing written risk assessments of trademark usage; advise on, and oversee, filing of new trademark registrations.
• Advise on trademark conflicts and litigation
• Conduct internal trainings and presentations on the basics of trademark law and the process of trademark search and clearances.
• Sending out C&D and other claim letters related to infringements
Who you are:
• Law degree and at least 5 years of practice experience, preferably including law firm experience
• Strong negotiation, communication, analytical skills and work ethic.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, emotional intelligence, good judgment, and intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships with internal clients, together with commitment to provide the highest quality internal client support.
• Technical acumen and experience with advertising/marketing matters and trademarks preferred.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Ability to manage a diverse portfolio
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.