Director, Children's Music-Magic Star
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2023 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Children's Music-Magic Star jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Children's Music-Magic Star postings
Full Time Job
Magic Star has an immediate opening for a children's genre specialist to manage key brand and digital retail relationships globally, as well as to help build and drive the growth of the children's music business at The Orchard, based in LA. Essential to this role is experience in children's entertainment marketing or brand management plus a core understanding of the digital music marketplace. The role will involve working directly with streaming partners, brands, the central Magic Star Team as well as The Orchard marketing teams across the globe to create compelling campaigns for our children's music repertoire.
What You'll Do:
• Play a key role in growing Magic Star's music business helping with content acquisition and business development in the children's music space.
• Actively seek out and identify brands in market & globally to approach around opportunities within music, spoken word, live and brand licensing.
• Be the key point of contact in the US for Magic Star whilst developing industry relationships in the children's music space, across labels, DSPs and media.
• Work side by side with Sony Music children's counterparts on joint children's projects and strategy
• Manage day-to-day relationships with Magic Star's children's brands, labels, and artists around the world.
• Ability to utilize data and analytical tools to identify opportunities and trends for our children's business and convert findings into an actionable roadmap
• Act as an internal project manager liaising with the Orchard's internal sales, marketing, YouTube channel management, and advertising teams around the world to further drive marketing and sales plans.
• Prioritize the children's release schedule according to label needs, and proactively communicate analysis and results to labels and management.
• Identify and execute on various catalog focused children's music opportunities.
• Liaise with various departments including operations, finance, marketing, legal, and management to ensure all labels business needs are met.
Who You Are:
• Proven experience in the children's entertainment, music, video, or brand space.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to liaise with the highest level of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong data and analytical skills
• A strong understanding of digital distribution and media/advertising/entertainment marketplace
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
• Strong industry network and relationships within the children's music, brand, and media space.
What We Give You
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $90k to $110k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.