Director, Catalog Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Catalog Marketing will be responsible for creating and executing dynamic artist marketing campaigns centered around Sony Music’s extensive & diverse catalogue of recordings.
• Create, implement and lead multi-faceted marketing plans with a goal to drive fan acquisition, engagement and consumption from the Sony Music catalog.
• Collaborate closely with frontline labels to find creative and impactful ways to market artist catalogs leading up to new releases and between new album cycles.
• Partner closely and cultivate close, trusted relationships with artist management.
• Partner closely with other internal teams (content, sales, A&R etc) to ensure each campaign is creatively ‘best-in-class’, authentic to the artist’s voice, relevant to the fan base and reflective of the evolving market-place.
• Communicate and partner with global counterparts to ensure each campaign is relevant to international needs.
• Manage marketing budgets for each campaign.
• Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up.
• At least 7 years of overall music marketing experience.
• Deep understanding of all streaming platforms and behavior.
• Dynamic, curious leader and passionate music fan with broad knowledge of multiple musical genres and the digital landscape.
• Collaborative approach and demonstrated experience in collaborating with a wide spectrum of personalities across departments, labels, managers and artists.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
• Must be curious and adaptable and accepting of abrupt change and unforeseen challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.