Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is looking for an experienced transactional attorney with a M&A background to join its transactional business and legal affairs team.
What you'll do:
• Draft and negotiate a range of transactional and commercial agreements including: M&A-related agreements, joint venture agreements, equity acquisition agreements, non-disclosure agreements, consultant agreements, technology agreements, lease agreements, vendor/services agreements and licenses.
• Conduct and manage legal due diligence for potential transactions.
• Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams throughout a transaction's life cycle.
• Drive continuous improvements and scalability in deal processes, diligence and execution.
• Advise on various inquiries from internal business units, including contract research and analysis.
• Manage outside counsel.
Who you are:
• 4 years' experience at a major law firm (preferably in IP or Corporate)
• D. or LL.M. from a top law school
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
• Team player with an ability to work with others within group and across divisions
• Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
• Experience independently negotiating complex business transactions
• Flexibility to assist the legal team in its activities as needs arise
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.