Director, Asset Optimization
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Asset Optimization will focus on driving catalog strategy in a streaming world. This role will work closely with data analytics, operations, product, and territory sales leads to maximize revenue for labels in a scalable, data-driven process. On your first day can you create a dozen test inputs that will create verifiable outputs? What data is required to properly perform a catalog diagnostic? What metadata needs to be reviewed for voice optimization? Can you interpret a regression model? The successful candidate will have deep musical knowledge and passion paired with a data-driven approach to drive a successful catalog marketing strategy globally. He or she will find innovative solutions to present and future opportunities (such as catalog optimization) and challenges by driving creative utilization of technology, relationships, and Orchard content.
• Work with internal teams to optimize our catalog through the assessment of metadata gathered from our various labels and digital service providers.
• Use data to explore niche catalog opportunities across Orchard repertoire, developing local and pan-territorial campaigns.
• Develop and operationalize strategies for catalog content to help labels fully utilize The Orchard’s value proposition in order to build and engage their fans through social media, advertising, IOT (Alexa, Google Home), etc.
• Define what a Catalog Marketing Initiative means in a world of streaming and develop a strategy for rolling out scalable Catalog Marketing Initiatives to our global client base of independent labels and artists.
• Create and execute on budget to drive catalog initiatives across Orchard teams leveraging deep expertise in social media, advertising, interactive marketing, and content clean-up.
• Prepare case studies using data as evidence to provide feedback to stakeholders and the wider group regarding global catalog campaign marketing plans and strategies.
• Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge of global and local retail accounts across the world and ongoing retail opportunities to develop catalog.
• Will collaborate with retail, label management, tech, and content acquisition departments.
• Build up the company’s internal voice lab where we will create the best technology to deliver music discovery using voice to be the industry leader.
• Familiarity with smart speakers is a plus.
• Manage and build a team.
• Self starter, forward-thinking, and driven problem solver.
• Prior experience in a client facing role and ability to present to executive team and higher level clientsI
• Must be able to communicate comfortably to product team and have knowledge of database structures.
• Great at managing people through rapid change and ambiguity.
• Very strong understanding of Excel and familiarity with Looker or other BI tools .
• Familiarity leveraging data to support and drive key decisions.
• Ability to build strong, cross-functional relationships.
• Experience optimizing content and metadata for market readiness .
• Clear understanding of key retail accounts and marketing opportunities.
• Clear understanding of the present market situation, the rapidly evolving digital economy, and knowledge of and expertise with the technology and tools available.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment: capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar degree a plus.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity. The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.