Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2021 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, A&R jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, A&R postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, A&R?
Full Time Job
As a Director, A&R you will help shape the creative direction and raise the profile of Work of Art Music Publishing. You will identify, sign and develop songwriters, writer/producers, and writer/artists across popular genres including pop, hip hop, R&B, and alternative. You will also be connected and trusted among artists, writers and producers and their managers, and will be effective at securing co-writes, collaborations, cuts, covers and other uses of compositions by Work of Art Music Publishing writers.
What you'll do:
• Seek out and sign songwriters and producers with world-class talent and strong commercial potential.
• Develop familiarity and relationships with the existing talent on the roster as well as the existing catalog of songs.
• Pitch the talents of signed writers to producers, artists, labels and others to secure song placements.
• Coordinate with Work of Art's synch licensing partners to ensure our published songs are primed for placement in various Film and TV projects, Commercials, Video Games, etc.
• Coordinate with Work of Art's publishing administration partners to ensure that all our writer's information is properly catalogued for tracking and collection.
• Attend company meetings as requested.
Who you are:
• Prior related Music Publishing experience required.
• Understanding of the A&R and recording process.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• A demonstrated passion for and experience working closely with songwriters, artists and music producers to take songwriters to ''the next level.''
• Strong connections and reputation in the music industry that can be leveraged for the benefit of our songwriters.
• Strong people and relationship building skills. This individual must be able to partner with various teams to gather, analyze and disseminate relevant findings.
• A proven track record of relevant credits in popular music as an A&R, manager for successful writers and artists.
• Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
• Candidate should be enthusiastic and spirited, collaborative, reliable, self-motivated and have a friendly disposition and a positive attitude.
• Flexibility with hours - Must be available to travel and attend evening showcases and recording sessions as required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.