Sony MusicCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/24/2019 10:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, A&R jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, A&R postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, A&R? Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Director of A&R for Work of Art Music Publishing will shape the creative direction and raise the profile of Work of Art Music Publishing. This individual will identify, sign and develop songwriters, writer/producers, and writer/artists across popular genres including pop, urban, hip hop and R&B. The Director of A&R will be connected and trusted among artists, writers and producers and their managers, and will be effective at securing co-writes, collaborations, cuts, covers and other uses of compositions by Work of Art Music Publishing writers.
• Seek out and sign songwriters and producers with world-class talent and strong commercial potential.
• Develop familiarity and relationships with the existing talent on the roster as well as the existing catalog of songs.
• Pitch the talents of signed writers to producers, artists, labels and others to secure song placements.
• Coordinate with Work of Art’s synch licensing partners to ensure our published songs are primed for placement in various Film and TV projects, Commercials, Video Games, etc.
• Coordinate with Work of Art’s publishing administration partners to ensure that all our writer’s information is properly catalogued for tracking and collection.
• Attend company meetings as requested.
• At least 5 years of prior related experience in A&R, Music Management or Music Publishing experience required
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong people and relationship building skills. This individual must be able to partner with various teams to gather, analyze and disseminate relevant findings.
• Strong relationships and access to the songwriter/producer community.
• A demonstrated passion for and experience working closely with songwriters, artists and music producers to take songwriters to “the next level.”
• Strong connections and reputation in the music industry that can be leveraged for the benefit of our songwriters.
• A proven track record of relevant credits in popular music as an A&R, manager or creative director for successful writers and artists.
• Understanding of the A&R and recording process.
• Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
• Candidate should be enthusiastic and spirited, collaborative, reliable, self-motivated and have a friendly disposition and a positive attitude.
• Flexibility with hours - Must be available to travel and attend evening showcases and recording sessions as required. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.