Director, A&R Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/2/2020 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, A&R Administration jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, A&R Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, A&R Administration?
The Director of A&R Administration reports to the Vice President – Finance, Sony Music Masterworks and supervises the A&R Administration Coordinator, Sony Music Masterworks. This position will serve as a liaison between various departments within the Sony Music Masterworks label group and the following areas : Accounts Payable, Royalties, Copyright Administration, JV Accounting and other departments.
• Primarily responsible for ensuring that contracts are properly administered from a financial perspective. This includes:
• Making timely and accurate payment of contractual advances and fees.
• Working with the attorneys to provide the royalties department with complete and accurate information about royalty rates and cost recoupment terms in advance of release (includes making sure that letters of direction are obtained and sufficient for effective implementation).
• Preparing project checklists to provide the royalties department details for multiple royalty recipient projects and provide financial accruals.
• Setting up trade vendors and royalty vendors while confirming receipt of appropriate, accurate and current tax documents.
• Setting up royalty accounts and ensuring that recoupable costs are properly posted so that such vendors can see accurate recoupment positions through real-time-royalties portal.
• Communicate with release planning on accurate product set-up through GRPS, GOLD system and DRA.
• Communicate with BLA, Copyright, Royalties and Finance to provide the information necessary to determine appropriate financial accruals against future payments of advances and royalties.
• Assist artists and management with obtaining access to and the training of the artist royalty portal/real-time royalty system for statement access and cash-out purposes.
• Working with A&R Department to manage and implement recording budgets which includes:
• Work with A&R to create recording budgets and obtain approvals of budgets.
• Set up projects in recording cost system (ARTS2) including requesting project codes, product lines and FLoRs.
• Issue POs to vendors in ARTS2 and pay invoices.
• Keeping track of all recording costs as the project progresses which includes informing A&R, artist management, Finance & Executive of possible budget overages and possible re-forecast.
• Negotiate appropriate rates with mastering studios when needed.
• Monitoring receipt of third party and inter-company reimbursements/contributions (for example Touring Income; Synch; Lease Masters).
• Assist with artist royalty statement review.
• Maintain marketing contractual terms file to ensure proper marketing recoupability in PRS.
• Collaborates with SCI (Berlin Office) on above tasks, as required.
• College Degree required (Business/Finance Related Fields).
• 4-6 years related business/finance fields.
• Prior A&R Admin, royalties administration experience preferred.
• Prior experience with Sony proprietary systems preferred (for example GRPS, GOLD, GCLS, SAMIS, PRS, CARMA, ARTS2, SAP, JIRA).
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented, ability to analyze data and troubleshoot effectively.
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Team is open to candidates with varied experience, salary and title would be commensurate with said experience
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.