Digital Marketing Representative, Hip Hop, Rca Records
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a creative, well-organized and self-motivated Representative, Digital Marketing who is passionate about rap music & culture, internet trends and social media. This role will work closely with our digital project leads, supporting artist and project launches, managing logistics, platform optimization and marketing execution. Candidates should be prepared and excited to contribute to marketing discussions regularly with thoughtful additions that leverage their proximity to youth and music culture.
What you'll do:
• Work across digital, content and marketing teams to execute campaigns for our artists and label.
• Assist in the creation of content strategies and social media calendars.
• Maintain digital logistics including but not limited to link maintenance, YouTube optimizations, artist's email marketing and more.
• Gather and collate information to provide senior management with reports, inclusive of ongoing strategy and placements.
• Participate in marketing discussions and project/label/artist brainstorms.
• Stay up to date on the latest online trends and social media platforms in order to create innovative and competitive rollout plans.
Who you are:
• At least 1 year of relevant music and/or digital marketing experience (internships apply).
• Highly versed in rap, social media & internet culture. Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with all social platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extremely detail-oriented and self-organized.
• Creative, collaborative, and innovative thinking skills.
• Experience & desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
• Adaptive to change and consistently meets deadlines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of overall digital trends.
• Expertise in gaming lifestyle and platforms is an added bonus.
• Hybrid flex work schedule (Tues-Thurs in office, M/F at home)
• Available for after hours events, releases, etc
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.