Digital Advertising Planning Manager
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Manage digital advertising projects for the Sony Music Creative Group, primarily on behalf of Legacy Recordings with additional service to Columbia Records, Epic Records and RCA Records.
• Report to Head of Advertising and PreMedia, Creative Group.
• Hands on planning, buying and management of search, social, display, programmatic and mobile ad buys.
• Heavy focus on in-market optimization and data analytics of campaigns making specific recommendations for current and future initiatives.
• Liaise with Legacy digital media and CRM team to ensure consistent and complementary activity across paid and organic channels.
• Create and manage campaigns both directly and oversee campaigns managed by outside entities.
• Collaborate and take briefing from various product managers and deliver advertising recommendations based on that direction.
• Create and consistently update ad specification document to provide various internal and external production teams with accurate requirements for ad/content builds.
• Coordinate with label marketing teams, coordinators and finance to process invoices and payments for ad buys (PO creation, vendor set-up, invoice approvals, PO delivery to vendors, financial tracking).
• Keep ongoing tracker of ad spend and high-level result segmentation (by partner, by retailer, by artist, by genre, by media platform, by ad tactic/format etc.).
• Provide weekly/bi-weekly or monthly campaign reports working with product managers and data teams to correlate ad spend/activity with consumption.
• Meet with various media platforms, ad tech companies and publishers on a regular basis to stay informed on latest opportunities and provide updates to wider team.
• Collaborate with advertising team to develop ad trend and insight reports to share and present to wider team.
• Help share learning across label groups (best practices, team structure, case studies, partner insights).
• 3-5 years media planning/buying, data analytics/reporting and social media advertising experience.
• Music category experience a plus but familiarity with core digital music services required.
• Proficiency in social ad platform/campaign set-up including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google Ad Words/Google Display Network, Snap Chat, Twitter and various Programmatic/Demand-Side-Platforms.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in different stages simultaneously.
• Strong relationships and reputation with key social media platforms and publishers.
• Working knowledge of various ad tech from planning tools to ad management software, ad-serving platforms and reporting systems (ie. Google Ad Manager, Sizmek, Double Verify, Datorama, Telmar, Kantar, Google Analytics, MOAT, Comscore, Unified, smartURL, Linkfire etc.).
• Passionate social media consumer and social media marketer.
• Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
• Proficient with key Microsoft Office products (Excel, PPT etc.).
• Ability to gain rapid working knowledge of new databases, ad tools and campaign management systems.
• Brand or agency experience.