Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is hiring a DevOps Engineer to join our NYC office.
• Automate build and deployment processes in a hybrid (AWS proprietary) hosting environment for micro-services.
• Set and scale tools related to micro-services.
• Create and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments to facilitate an Agile development process.
• Research, recommend and implement new technologies.
• Aid in efforts to increase our security presence
• Participate in ongoing Sony systems integration efforts to build and scale infrastructure of our delivery platform.
• Strong experience with system automation (e.g., Chef)
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) and continuous deployment
• Experience with containers (e.g. docker) at scale in an HA environment.
• Understanding of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, OpsWorks, etc). Prior experience with Snowflake a big plus.
• Source control with Git.
• Security background preferred
• Solid Linux shell scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python) chops.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity. Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.