Designer, Digital Production
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The UX/UI Designer, Digital Production is responsible for coordinating the development of artist and label websites and web tools for Columbia Records. The Designer will create and maintain content for artist/label websites, artist social network pages and profiles. In addition, this person will work closely with all other internal departments as well as artists and management and any outside designers/firms to create innovative and effective digital content.
What you'll do:
• Handle design for multiple projects from artist full site design comps, promotional web pages, social content, design using 3rd party APIs (Spotify, Apple Music, FB, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok) and digital ad units.
• Creating the look and feel for label/artist campaign activations and applications.
• Design multiple directions, with varying amounts of content, for multiple devices.
• Design/Create Lenses/Camera Effects for Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Create user interface elements from scratch.
• Design and build contest pages and/or other promotional pages.
• Manipulate client provided artwork to integrate into your designs, retouching when necessary.
• Utilize Video/Motion Graphics to create dynamic social content.
• Create AR filters using SparkAR & Snap LensStudio.
• Learn various new technologies and platforms and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and apply these new technologies as appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to established company standards and guidelines where applicable.
Who you are:
• At least two years of prior experience in UX/UI/website development/design/production.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere & AfterEffects).
• The successful candidate must have a passion for innovative and effective digital design, and have a background in understanding and utilizing online marketing technologies, strategies and tools.
• Understanding of Web Optimization and design for a wide range of devices/platforms.
• Ability to multitask and partner with high profile clients, upper management and high paced work environment.
• Highly organized, with a positive, helpful attitude and an eagerness to learn and grow.
• Ability to balance the demands of the business, with the changing production timelines to deliver excellent results on short timelines.
• Knowledge of the following a plus:
• o Adobe After Effects/Premeire/Rush or FCP/Motion
o Prototyping with Adobe XD, Invision, Figma, etc
o Wordpress/Tumblr/Drupal/other content management systems.
o Email/CRM systems and email design
o VR/AR content creation (SparkAR, Snap LensStudio)
o Experience with A/B testing (Optimizely, Hotjar, etc)
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess