Creative Motion Graphics Editor
Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
The Sony Music Nashville Creative Services team is at the forefront of executing stand alone visual imagery for the country music artists we serve. The artist brand and imaging process plays a pivotal role in marketing our artists, directly influencing the impact of what our artists’ create sonically.
Do you want to combine your creative editing skills with your passion for music? Then consider this role as a Creative Motion Graphics Editor where you will create and edit content that is tailored to each of our artists.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing flow of engaging video/digital content that can be repurposed across multiple platforms, with particular focus on marketing and digital; ensure content is connected to over-arching artist strategy
• Edit, manage & distribute all assigned projects with the primary responsibility of creating artist-related edits and social graphics for the creative, marketing and digital departments; content may include social content teasers, full length videos, sizzle reels, social platform videos, live performance videos and any other of editing projects assigned by the VP of Creative
• Create well designed video graphics, on brand with the specific artist/project; leverage combinations of photography, audio, video, animations, icons/emoji’s and the written word to create compelling content appealing to targeted fans; perform all project management and administrative tasks related to production
• Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping the specific artist branding and audience in mind.
• Build and maintain strong, effective, collaborative working relationships by communicating consistently with various departments; communicate as needed to all ensure timely completion of all projects
• Manage all aspects of archiving content
• Knowledge of how to create & edit content and successful experience developing ideas, typically gained through at least 2 years of editing experience.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects; knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Strong creative, design aesthetic and strategic problem-solving skills combined with sound editorial judgement
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• Self-motivated, curious and have the ability to receive constructive feedback and pivot creative direction when necessary
• Success developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with others, including staff at all levels and individuals inside and outside the company
• Problem solving skills and the ability to arrange print based creative into engaging motion graphic, while staying on brand and conforming to various guidelines
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Success in a role that setting of priorities, multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of social networking platforms
The ideal candidate has experience incorporating graphics into video content and can provide a portfolio of previous work. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working under pressure and be extremely organized in delivering high-quality video content.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify any experiences related to the job requirements and the “ideal” candidate described above.
Sony Music Nashville includes three country label operations – Arista Nashville, Columbia Nashville and RCA Records Label Nashville and is the country music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Enjoy a beautiful downtown Nashville workspace (in “the Gulch” development) with amazing views AND free parking. Sony offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as 401(k) match, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.