Creative Director, Content
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Creative Director will serve as a creative lead and visionary for the content development team, developing compelling stories and content pieces for Legacy Recordings.
• Responsible for driving and elevating the creative level of the work being developed by the content team – operating with a high visual aesthetic.
• Establish a roadmap for ongoing innovation and creative experimentation.
• Communicate, inspire and maintain compelling storytelling.
• Drive campaigns and assets beyond traditional advertising.
• Identify growth opportunities around artists/songs/genres that have stories which “must” be told with the goal of increasing consumer consumption by keeping our artists culturally relevant, interesting and top of mind.
• Monitor trends in the digital and advertising industries to help push the envelope with our content team.
• Assess talent and help to continuously ensure that the creative/editorial team has the right composition to push creative boundaries and deliver the best possible content.
• Oversee creative pitches and creation of treatments for content including music videos, long form as well as short form or episodic on all platforms.
• At least 7 years of relevant experience at an agency or marketing company with a proven track record in telling compelling stories around music.
• Prior experience as either a story researcher, copywriter or art director a plus.
• Prior management experience strongly preferred.
• Must provide a portfolio, reel or website for review.
• Keen understanding of digital and social content as well as long form storytelling.
• A creative thinker who has the ability to work with multiple personalities and partners on multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and efficiently across various departments including Marketing, the Digital team, Business and Legal Affairs, A&R, etc.
• The successful candidate will be a strong leader, and a creative problem solver who's organized, and driven to achieve the highest results possible.
• The proven ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Strong working knowledge of production including time spent on shoots and in edit suites.
• Extensive knowledge of directors and production companies a plus.
• Extensive lover of all forms of content and music.
• College degree required.