Creative Commissioner, Awal
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The role of the creative commissioner is to elevate AWAL artists' music and visuals by pairing them with equally creative forces who can help bring their visions to life while overseeing the process from start to finish.
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Dayglow, Little Simz, Young the Giant, THEY., mxmtoon, Lizzy McAlpine, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we're continuing to grow. That's where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE COMMISSIONER AT AWAL DO?
• Work with label team and artists & management teams to establish creative direction for visual assets and pair AWAL artists with creative collaborators who can bring visual assets of the highest creative standards to life
• Solicit treatments for and commission visual assets including but not limited to music videos, photos, artwork, creative direction, live performances, social media content and more.
• Responsible for managing production budgets and timelines, overseeing all elements of production from start to finish and ensuring timely delivery of visual assets.
• On set attendance of commissioned productions to ensure creative is executed properly.
• Research and forge connections with new creative collaborators; maintain and nurture relationships with existing creative partners.
• Develop and maintain internal database of directors, photographers, animators, editors, creative directors, stylists, hair/makeup artists and reps.
• Work closely with the creative marketing team to bring non-traditional marketing assets to life by ideating on creative marketing initiatives, providing creative input and utilizing network of creative relationships.
WHO ARE YOU?
• extensive production experience across music videos and photos and intimate knowledge of the production process from concept through post-production
• close relationships with video directors and reps, production companies, photographers and photo reps, creative directors, videographers, editors and animators around the world
• passionate about discovering new creative talent
• proven ability to pair artists with the right visual collaborators
• exceptional attention to detail when managing budgets, timelines and deadlines
• passion for music and ability to work across all musical genres
• ideally 4-5 years experience creating successful visual assets in the music space
WHAT WE GIVE YOU?
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Time off for Winter recess
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
AWAL is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.