Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
The cost accountant is responsible for several areas within inventory accounting including Manufacturing Cost review, Inventory Obsolescence, Standard cost review, Accrued inventory payables, Distributed label reporting, Audit support, Blocked invoice review, PO maintenance and Pricing maintenance. In addition, the Accountant is responsible for both Balance Sheet and P&L account analysis for selected inventory accounts.
• Review Manufacturing costs; correct issues as required
• Analyze/Record Obsolescence analysis
• Reconcile Accrued inventory payables to sub-system and vendor statements
• Monitor standard costs/revaluation of items in inventory
• Monitor/Manage balance sheet clearing accounts related to inventory
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account analysis and review with management
• Review, code and accrue mfg/warehouse service invoices. Research invoice related issues
• Record monthly journal entries including monthly accruals and other activities related to month and year-end closings
• Provide support to distributed labels for inventory reporting issue
• Review processes and make recommendations for improvements
• Develop and prepare supporting schedules for external auditors
• Ad hoc special projects and analyses as assigned
• Maintain out of balance POs and blocked invoices
• Oversee consignment inventory transactional flow
• Work closely with off-shore team members
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
• Strong MS Excel and MS Access skills
• Strong working knowledge of SAP FI and MM
• Working knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, etc.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to independently follow through on projects and assignments
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.