Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Sales is responsible for providing support to the RED MUSIC Label Group’s label sales team, by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Be the point of contact at digital accounts such as Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud, and other DSPs for RED MUSIC.
• Pitch RED MUSIC repertoire for placements/positioning at assigned digital accounts.
• Research, make record of, and distribute as necessary significant features and placements of artist and product marketing initiatives for senior label management, label marketing teams, and artist management.
• Compile, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and reports for the department including learning full use of the SMARTS, Samis, and Artist 360 reporting systems.
• Manage both the physical and digital new release schedule for the RED MUSIC Label Group.
• Create sell sheets with release info, marketing drivers, historical data, and DMA information for the SME field sales team.
• Participate weekly in the Sales & Ops call and assist in the ordering/reordering of product.
• Maintain details on physical account advertising and budget commitments.
• Merge UPCs with Nielsen to ensure releases report and chart properly.
• Coordinate and facilitate gratis and band product orders.
• Maintain business partner and account contact records, and coordinate mailings.
• Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, answering phones, calendar maintenance, and filing expense reports for senior members of the department.
• The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a related workplace.
• This individual must have a working knowledge of both the physical and digital music industry. Prior experience in music sales/distribution is strongly preferred.
• This candidate must have exceptional organization strength.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet. This candidate will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including Apollo, SAMIS, BDS/Encore, SMARTS, Nielsen Music Connect, and others.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, analytic, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills required.
• Must be able to work independently but also be a team player and flexible.
• Must have the ability to manage time and priorities set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
• This individual must be extremely organized; and must be able to create and maintain very strong business relationships.
• Must have a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Must be available to attend eve ning showcases as required.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.