Coordinator, Publishing Services
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2021 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Publishing Services jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinator, Publishing Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Publishing Services? The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a full-time Coordinator, Publishing Services. The NYC based position will support the Director in executing all tasks and initiatives related to The Orchard's music publishing services, playing an integral role in mechanical license administration. The position will perform quality control operations on The Orchard's catalog related metadata while liaising with The Orchard client team, licensing partners and music publishers.
You have an understanding of music publishing, are comfortable working with large data sets, and have strong technical skills. A keen eye for detail and a love for all types of music is a must.
What You'll Do:
• Review, vet and normalize clients' catalog metadata to ensure accuracy and formatting consistency.
• Conduct online research to identify publishing rights ownership and contact information.
• Prepare and send license requests to independent music publishers and The Orchard's licensing partners.
• Field daily inquiries from stakeholders regarding licenses and other publishing related matters.
• Coordinate with The Orchard's client team, royalty accounting department and licensing partners to execute internal processes and maintain tracking spreadsheets.
• Generate detailed license status reports for distribution to clients, music publishers and internal staff.
Who You Are:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel is required.
• Basic knowledge of the music publishing industry and US public domain guidelines.
• Highly organized with an ability to track and prioritize a high volume of projects and adjust to changing priorities.
• Innovative problem solver with a detail-oriented work ethic and a desire to build and maintain new methods and solutions for organizing and tracking complex systems and relationships.
• Knowledge of MySQL is a strong plus.
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.