Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As a Coordinator, Marketing you will be responsible for providing administrative support in helping to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Marketing Department at RCA Records. This is a unique opportunity to grow your skills and build your career in a fast-paced, hyper creative environment while influencing how music reaches listeners around the world.
What you'll do:
• Provide administrative support including answering phones, coordinating messengers/mailings, ordering promo product, submitting expenses, organizing travel, processing invoices, maintaining budgets, pulling Media Base Reports, organizing Weekly Sales, Digital and other Marketing research information.
• Coordinate with the Finance Department to set up new vendors and process invoices.
• Coordinate with Touring and Logistics on artists activities and scheduling.
• Maintain marketing tools (CDs, videos, photos, jpegs) and manage distributing to internal and external parties as needed.
• Prepare all invoices for payment and work closely with Marketing Planning department on Artist Union Dues and other deductions for assignment of fund.
• Update Artist Development Reports and Artist One Sheets on a bi-weekly basis.
• Coordinate with publicists on scheduling, running phoners, getting elements out to press.
• Coordinate with College Marketing team on activities and tools.
• Assist with organizing artist appearances (keeping calendar for artists, make sure ALL details are being handled (flights, cars, hotels, timings of event, contacts, etc.).
• Actively participate in team brainstorms and ideation sessions around artist campaign strategy and goal setting.
• Work closely with artist teams and internal departments on campaign logistics & execution.
Who you are:
• At least one year of administrative experience.
• At least one year of experience in the music industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Strong organizational skills.
• PRS experience.
• Ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize.
• General knowledge of music is helpful, as is some industry knowledge (who does what, etc).
• Strong communication skills.
• Displays professionalism.
• Team Player.
• Thirst to learn.
• Attention to detail.
• Quick learner.
• Creative thinker.
• Positive mental attitude.
• Passion and enthusiasm for a career in the music business.
• interest/knowledge of Pop, Rock, and Electronic music genres is a plus.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.