Coordinator, Marketing and Strategic Marketing
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Marketing and Strategic Marketing is responsible for providing administrative support to the Marketing and Strategic Marketing departments and ensuring the efficient execution of its day-to-day operations by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Act as a liaison between the Marketing and Strategic Marketing departments and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, internal departments, etc.
• Assist with the execution of brand activations and perform brand research with the goal of finding new opportunities for the Epic Brand Partnerships team
• Assist with the management of budgets, promotional trips, travel, work orders and more for assigned artists.
• Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, one-sheets, pitch decks and marketing plans as requested
• Organize and maintain department content and deliverables.
• Provide creative input and ideas on projects and seek new and inventive strategies to market and promote Epic’s acts.
• Drive, pitch and close Video Product Placements with a wide scope of brands.
• Schedule meetings, answer phone, order supplies/CD’s, book travel, submit expenses, shipping packages, handle invoicing & PO’s and provide administrative support for the Marketing and Strategic Marketing as well as back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
• The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1 year of prior experience in the field of marketing or a related field.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, Photoshop & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the social networks and DSPs.
• Will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including Mediabase, Soundscan and Salesforce, along with various other proprietary Sony Music analytics tools.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive and stay organized in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
• The candidate should have a deep interest and passion for music