Coordinator, Creative Group
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Coordinator, Design position will assist and support the Vice President, Design for Legacy Records with scheduling meetings, travel, screening calls, expense reports, and other administrative duties. He/She will facilitate the Art Department’s design administration needs by handling photo research for Legacy projects, and processing documents necessary for licensing images and setting up photo shoots, including artwork agreements, invoices, vendor setups, etc. This position includes but is not limited to the following:
• Assisting and supporting the VP with scheduling meetings, travel, handling phone calls, expense reports, timesheets, mailings and special projects upon request.
• Working with VP, Design and Legacy content managers to carry out photo research requests and artwork licensing for Legacy related projects.
• Dealing with Legacy Finance team to process invoices.
• Handling design administrative duties such as invoice processing, vendor setups, artwork agreements, etc.
• Issuing paperwork associated with Legacy related photo shoots.
• Retrieve artwork for Labels/Clients, upon request.
• Work with VP, Design and Art Directors to create and archive photo shoot.
• Work on special projects for VP, Design including locating artwork, locating and ordering reference material (such as books, competitive CD’s, etc.), and creating reports upon request.
• Research artwork agreements.
• Assist and trouble shoot various issues as needed.
• Support others in the department as needed.
• At least 2 years of prior experience in an administrative assistant or coordinator role in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Creative Suite, preferred.
• Able to communicate effectively with internal staff and external vendors.
• Demonstrated research skills.
• A team player, who is both ambitious and able to take initiative and see through projects independently.
• Professional, confident, positive and calm demeanor.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred.