Coordinator, Corporate Communications
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Support administrative needs of the EVP of Communications (answer phones, coordinate calendar, book meetings across multiple calendars, make travel arrangements, manage billing and expense reports, and assist with meeting prep and development of materials)
• Responsible for daily morning press clips process: gathering and monitoring major news outlets and trades for relevant Sony Music news and industry clips and distribute to multiple audiences including Sony Music senior executives; continue monitoring for breaking and relevant news coverage throughout the day. Create regular clip round ups for distribution to key audiences. Maintain database of key press clippings.
• Distribute press releases to the media through systems including cision, Glide, BusinessWire and PR Newswire; train other department members on such systems as needed.
• Create and maintain journalist press lists as well as keep contact information up-to-date.
• Serve as a key member of the Internal Communications team, helping execute internal initiatives including drafting stories for the intranet, supporting the planning and implementation of internal events and assisting with distribution of employee notes.
• Maintain executive bios and company fact sheets as well as preparation materials in advance of key interviews with senior executives.
• Consistently update and maintain Corporate Events calendar and distribute to members of Communications team and senior executives.
• Liaise between trade publications, communications team members and Sony Music’s creative agency to fulfill and execute trade advertisement requests.
• Assist in multiple capacities as special events arise.
• Work with EVP of Corporate Communications to maintain and handle Sony Music’s Corporate Giving strategy and execution (liaising with Finance, Purchasing and Creative).
• Purchase and maintain department supplies.
• Coordinate IT and facilities services for EVP, Corporate Communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• This role is based in New York, NY
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills
• Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Superior organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
• Proactive in keeping abreast of industry developments and company news
• Good leadership ability
• Ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.